Lead Medical Assistant
Great opportunity for a Certified Medical Assistant to advance his/her career in Rio Grande Valley’s premiere pediatric practice. We are proud to be the Valley’s only pediatric clinic that is nationally recognized as a Patient Center Medical Home. This newly created team lead position will be an integral piece of the leadership team and assist with day to day clinical needs.
- Performs normal day-to-day duties expected of all medical assistants in the clinic. Including, but not limited to, rooming patients, administering vaccines, patient referrals, performing laboratory tests, and addressing patient satisfaction.
- Leads team members of an assigned area or function by demonstrating and providing advanced knowledge of medical assistant responsibilities.
- Nurtures an environment of top-quality patient care and satisfaction.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides mentoring, monitoring, coaching, and contributes to evaluation of team members’ performance.
- Serves as a positive role model for team members by working with them to promote efficiency, quality, teamwork and cooperation.
- Primary clinic coordinator for Texas Vaccines for Children (TVFC) program.
- Assists with coordinating services, prioritizing assignments and workflow, and promoting situational decision-making/problem solving.
- Engages and assists clinic administration with implementation of continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Takes responsibility for or provides guidance to team members on the handling of simple or complex issues.
- Required: 3 Yrs. Medical Assistant
- Preferred: Pediatrics experience
- Required: Certified Medical Assistant
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.50 /hour
Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or drop off in person.