Welcome to CHADIS
Pediatric Center at Renaissance proudly provides an online system that allows you to log-in and complete questionnaires at home before your visit. “CHADIS” stands for “Child Health And Development Interactive System” and is an online system that collects information from parents and teens before their well child check up. CHADIS helps you communicate securely with your doctor over the Internet before your office visit.
You can use CHADIS on a computer, tablet (such as an iPad) or smart phone (Android, Windows, iPhone, etc.) to:
- Tell us about any problems or concerns you want to discuss,
- Complete your developmental milestones checklist at home,
- Give us your child’s medical history and background.
You should complete the CHADIS questionnaires before EVERY visit. CHADIS may be used by parents, grandparents, caregivers, teens or teachers (as appropriate). Just pick the title that identifies your relationship to the patient. All answers are completely confidential and cannot be viewed by anyone except your doctor.
CHADIS improves the diagnosis and management of health, emotional and behavioral issues. CHADIS provides a convenient, powerful online tool for completing high-quality screening questionnaires, helping us to better address parents’ concerns about their child’s development.
Studies have shown screening is important. Developmental problems such as autism or learning problems can be present without outward signs to parents. Depression in a teenager can be fatal. Early diagnosis can shorten the time to recovery and improve the ultimate outcome.
- Less worry for parents afraid that there may be something missed.
- Better outcomes when problems are found at early stages.
- An improved working relationship that allows us to better help our patient families.
- Convenience of an online interface that allows the screening to be done completely and accurately at a time that works for you.
While American Academy of Pediatrics and other child health agencies recommend screening, the time constraints on most office visits make it difficult. The routine screening method consisting of a few questions during the visit, is not nearly as effective. CHADIS offers exceptional screening tools that are easy and convenient.
With CHADIS parents are able to carefully consider their responses at a time that works for them. Teenagers are more complete and honest with electronic responses than with direct questions at the time of a visit. By improving communication the provider can be more helpful by providing information specific to the concerns rather than throwing a book at it and hoping for the best.
Visit the CHADIS website to learn even more about the benefits of this tool. The CHADIS website and questionnaires can be translated in to Spanish.
If you are a NEW USER and do not yet have a CHADIS Account
Instructions to Register and Use CHADIS
- Enter our practice INVITATION CODE 9566866100
- Enter your email address as your username and make up a password (if you do not have an email address, your username will automatically be your firstname.lastname) *You will need to remember this to login for future logins.*
- Follow the rest of the instructions to complete your registration
- Click GO Take Questionnaires
- Select your child’s doctor
- Click on the reason for your next office visit (Newborn Visit, New Patient or Well Child Visit, etc.)
If you are a RETURNING USER and you do have a CHADIS Account: